Beginning as a missions work for the local area, Calvary held its first service in a tent in August of 1954. At that time there were only eight communicant members. At the time the name was Bible Presbyterian Church of Point Pleasant Manor. During the early years the church received considerable support from other churches.
In 1960 ground was broken for a church building on Washington Drive in Brick Township, and in that same year it was completed and dedicated. In 1966 the name was changed to Calvary Presbyterian Church and joined the Reformed Presbyterian Church, Evangelical Synod (RPC,ES). In 1967 the manse was completed, and by 1971 the church was self-supporting.
In 1982 Calvary joined the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). Installed on April 10, 1985, Dr. Craig L. DiBenedictis still serves as senior pastor.
Although our numbers have fluctuated the past few years, the trend has been towards a steady increase. In 1988 two Sunday morning services were needed to accommodate all the members and visitors. Without adequate room for worship or Sunday school classes, we assessed our situation and in 1996 we decided to move out of our building and rent space for worship services--first in the Wall Intermediate School and then in the South Wall Fire Company.
In 1997 we purchased our new property in Wall Township, and in 1999 we sold our property in Brick. The congregation built and occupied the current facility in 2000, to the glory of God.